CALL FOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
The Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University, Delhi (CCG at NLUD), invites applications for the post of Office Administrator.
CCG is a young, continuously evolving organization and the Office Administrator is expected to be an active participant in building a collaborative and merit-based institution. The Centre administrator will be expected to handle all the administrative work of the Centre, including but not limited to:
- Filing organizational documents, records and reports according to established procedures
- Obtaining necessary signatures or approvals of relevant administrative authorities
- Preparing bills/invoices for payment
- Collecting receipts for reimbursement and processing payments
- Maintaining records related to the Centre’s grants
- Processing financial requisitions by members of the Centre
- Processing all payments to be made out of the Centre’s account including salaries to members of the Centre
- Making travel, meeting, and other arrangements for staff
- Assisting in organizing events
- Organizing and maintaining the schedule of the Executive Director and other senior staff
- Answering general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner and directing calls to appropriate staff members
- Replying to general information queries on the CCG email ID with accurate information
- Forwarding incoming general e-mails, faxes etc. to the appropriate staff member
- Calendar management for office to coordinate work flow and meetings
- Updating and ensuring the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Backing up files on the office computer(s)
- Assisting with recruitment including scheduling interviews etc.
- Liaising with other agencies, organizations and groups, and maintaining excellent professional relationships externally.
- Undertaking of general office duties; such as dealing with post, faxes and internal and external e-mail enquiries; drafting and sending standard letters on behalf of the Centre; photocopying and collating papers and mailings; arranging for documents to be printed/bulk printing arrangements; monitoring stocks of basic items, for example stationery, paper, toner etc; ordering stationery, periodicals, books, equipment and other items
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and other senior staff of the Centre
The position will be based out of the Centre’s offices at the National Law University, Delhi.
Qualifications & Remuneration
- Calendar management
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements
- Proficiency with standard office software such as Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and resourcefulness
The administrator will be paid a consolidated amount ranging between Rs. 25,000 – 40,000 per month based on skills and experience.
Procedure for Application
Interested applicants are required to send the following information and materials by January 27, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy marked to email@example.com. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, and this position is to be filled urgently. Candidates must be available to join work no later than 1 March 2018.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact details for one professional referee. Referees must be informed that they might be contacted for an oral reference or a brief written reference.
About the Centre
CCG is a research centre within National Law University, Delhi, and is the first of its kind in India. Over the course of five years, CCG has established itself as a leading, credible organization for research in the field of information law and policy and its intersection with human rights and civil liberties. We engage regularly with government ministries such as the Ministry of Law & Justice, and the Ministry of Communications & IT, and work actively to provide the executive and judiciary with useful research in the course of their decision making on issues relating to civil liberties and technology.